About the K-Lite Codec Pack
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
Download K-Lite Codec Pack
There are several different variants of the K-Lite Codec Pack. Ranging from a very small bundle that contains only the most essential decoders to a large and more comprehensive bundle. The global differences between the 5 variants can be found below.
|* Contains everything you need to play all popular video file formats.
* Supports playback of AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, TS, M2TS, RMVB, OGM, WMV, 3GP, WEBM, and many more formats!
|Same as Basic, plus:
* Includes Media Player Classic Homecinema.
* Includes a MPEG-2 decoder for DVD playback.
* Supports playback of FLAC and WavPack audio files.
* Includes MediaInfo tool.
|Same as Standard, plus:
* Supports several additional audio file formats.
* Contains a few ACM and VFW codecs for audio and video encoding.
* Contains a few useful tools, like GraphStudio.
|Same as Full, plus:
* Includes a few extra ACM and VFW codecs.
* Includes a few extra DirectShow filters
* Includes a few extra tools.
|For use on 64-bit versions of Windows.
For an optimal user experience it is highly recommended to also install one of the 32-bit variants from above, because most software that runs on 64-bit versions of Windows is still 32-bit.
Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64 still use a 32-bit version of Windows Media Player by default. Windows Media Center and Windows Explorer are 64-bit applications. That is why you need both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs.
Keywords: Audio Codec, Codec filters, Codec Info Tools, Codec Packs, Codecs, DirectShow filters, Video Codecs.